In Maryland, DC, solar panel installations are cropping up on one rooftop after another. We could tell you a lot of reasons why, but we thought it would be more fun to hear from some homeowners why they decided to invest in solar power. Some of the following statements were made by homeowners in an interview by Solar World; others are from solar homeowners we know. Regardless, they illustrate some of the most popular reasons to go solar:
It should come as no surprise that solar power ROI is one of the biggest incentives for people to want solar on their homes and businesses.
- The base reason for going solar was financial for us. We’re actually going to end up making money on the system.
- You can feed that energy back to the grid and get paid for it.
- It’s one investment with a return of 7 years or less and then it’s all gravy. It’s all cash in the pocket.
In addition to saving money on energy, solar panels also can increase the value of your home and make it easier to sell. Try our solar panel calculator if you’d like to find out how investing in solar panels can make financial sense for your home.
By the way, solar power is good for the bottom line not just of individuals, but for our country. Did you know that investments in solar energy create over three times the jobs per dollar that investing in fossil fuel or nuclear technology does?
We live in an unpredictable world. For many homeowners, solar panels are one way to leverage control over future events.
- We’re locking in and fixing the price of our utility payment, and as a result we’ve locked in our energy costs for at least 25 years.
- (With our electric car and solar panels), gas might hit five, ten dollars a gallon, we wouldn’t even care.
Off-grid solar systems, and grid-tied systems with battery backup, also offer security in the event that the grid goes down due to a natural disaster or other emergency:
- After the storm went through, our neighbors had no power for three days. We were the only ones in our neighborhood with a working refrigerator and lights!
No wonder we’re seeing a growing demand for Maryland, DC solar panel installations with battery backup.
One thing many of our customers have in common is a deeply rooted concern for the well-being of our planet and the people and animals we share it with. They often share with us comments like these:
- I think solar is one of the cleanest energies that we have available to us today.
- As a mother I think it’s really important that we are not contributing to carbon in the air, that we have clean air to breathe.
- It’s about, when I turn on my lights, that I’m not burning a lump of coal somewhere.
- Hopefully someday I’ll have grandchildren, and I’d rather leave the world a little cleaner than what it was left for me.
Investing in solar is an excellent way to contribute to the solution for global warming, and take positive action toward leaving the world a better place.
Finally, going solar is a matter of pride:
- I’ve had strangers pull into the driveway and say, Tell me about your system.
- You go to Germany, Japan, Singapore solar farms everywhere. (Why not here in America?)
- Solar’s not the alternative energy. Coal is the alternative energy. Solar is the original energy.
Our customers are proud to educate others about the benefits of solar, and to be part of a movement toward a cleaner and more environmentally and financially responsible America.
Interested in joining the solar revolution? Contact us today to get in touch with our solar panel installers. Maryland, DC, Virginia, Washington, D.C., Delaware or Pennsylvania we are happy to provide a free solar estimate for any of these locations.